Sunday, April 19, 2009

Musica

So, I sit here, blogging at work. I wish i could get paid to do this, lol. Technically I guess, I am.

OK, so I've had my mind set on buying the new Manchester Orchestra record that comes out tomorrow. Ive had my mind set on this for weeks now. Well, I also knew that the new Silversun Pickups record was coming out soon as well. From what I had read, I wasn't too sure if I was gonna bother with it immediately. I was gonna focus on getting that Man-O album. Well I realized today that it came out last Tuesday. Silversun record that is. So decided to go and check out a few of the tracks.

This is where it gets interesting. The Silversun album is fucking awesome. Now what do I do? I feel I must own this record! But the Manchester Orchestra comes out Tomorrow!

Two options are presented at this time. I go to Target in the morning and see if they have the Silversun record. What if they do? Do I buy it? Chances are high that i would, since I'm already there. But I've been raving to anyone in earshot for the last two weeks about this Manchester Orchestra album. If I buy the silversun album tomorrow, can I justify also purchasing the Man-O record too? Or does one have to wait? Additionally, what if Target doesn't have either album, or just one or the other? I was planning on buying the Manchester Orchestra album digitally anyway, but the more I think about it, the more i want it/both in physical form. I would probably get hung by my wife for buying 2 albums when we're pretty broke. But g'damnit I love music and I am very stoked about both of these records. So whats it gonna be?

I may have to go off of which one I am more confident i will be totally in love with. Which album will I be totally obsessed with for the next month or so? Which record will be the soundtrack of my spring?

Hopefully both.

-Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment