Sunday, January 8, 2012

Taco Bell. I Approve.

I held off writing this post for 24 hours because I didn't want to type this up on my iPhone. Well, I need to do something to keep me awake right now, so here I am, pounding away at the touchscreen.

Let's talk about Taco Bell. Man, I don't care what anyone says about that place, I love it. I know it's not the best quality food you can buy, I think everyone know that, but I really like it. Heck, even I refer to it as "Toxic Hell" most of the time. But I think it's delicious. One thing that makes it appealing to me is the variety of foods I can choose from, being vegetarian. Most places have very limited meatless options, but not Taco Bell. You can pretty much substitute the meat with beans or rice or both on the majority of the menu for no extra charge. And it's dirt cheap. You can get stuffed on a couple bucks. It's great.

When you order your food, they often ask of you want any sauce. Taco Bell offers three sauce packets to choose from: mild, hot and fire sauce. I like the heat of fire sauce but I prefer the hot sauce because it has a better flavor than the fire. My question is, who requests mild sauce anyway? I mean, sometimes they'll throw in all three, and you're like, "okay, I got this mild sauce, I guess I'll use it." But what's the point? It just tastes like cumin (even though cumin is not listed as an ingredient, which makes you wonder a bit.) I mean, it's okay, but with the other sauce choices, why mild? I guess that not everyone likes hot spicy stuff, and sometime you wanna add a little extra flavor to stuff without all the heat, but it doesn't taste very good. And if you don't like hot, spicy food, maybe you shouldn't be eating "Mexican" food to begin with? I try the mild sauce on my food every time I get a packet, and I am consistently disappointed. But at the same time, I don't want the mild sauce to go away, because it has this mystique about it to me. The weird mild sauce. If the mild sauce went away, I'd be as disappointed as I am in it's flavor.

I should utilize the fact that I live right around the corner from a Taco Bell more often. Then when I get my food, hope they throw a mild sauce in the bag, which I will use on my burrito, and then be disappointed for the 40th time. Taco Bell. I approve. So good.

(they a little mad at them right now though because they took my favorite item off the menu, the cheesy bean and rice burrito, but whatever. Still good stuff)

1 comment:

  1. The cheesy bean and rice burrito was my favorite menu item too! It was also the main reason that I even go to Taco Bell. They are going to lose a lot of my business, which is a considerable amount since I am a college student. Definitely irritated.

    ReplyDelete