Friday, April 9, 2010

The Sound of Something or Another

Sometimes, in life, there are sounds that I love. Little sounds that when you hear them, they invoke a sort of, how do you say, good feelings.

One of the sounds that sparked my thought process tonight is the sound of a woman digging in her purse. Especially a leather one. A lady walked up to the silent desk just a moment ago and put her purse down. She opened it and began rummaging around inside, looking for something. Usually when people do this, they are looking for their badge to leave the building with. Other times, they are looking for a phone or keys. I don't know what this woman was looking for, as I was too busy reading Big Dave and Company to bother to look up. No, it didn't matter what she was looking for, but the sound what was made was one to remember. It brought back so many memories, but of what, I have no answer. I liked it. It made me feel something. I just don't exactly know what.

Another sound that rules include the sound of mixing rice crispies and marshmallows to make treats. Now I want one of those. Damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment