Saturday, January 30, 2010

Good Coffee and a Pile of Robins

So we last left off with me going all political on everybody's ass, and I don't regret what I wrote last time. Sometimes, I write things and later regret what I said, even if I don't necessarily remember what I specifically wrote. I can't regret that one, though. I liked it.

Couple things on my mind today, but I bet I only cover approximately 1.34 topics herein.

First off, I want to give a massive shout out to Big Dave and Company.
Dave, I have spent the majority of the past week immersed in your writings and podcasts. They are great and I will never fall behind on them again. In fact, when I'm done here today, I will plug in the iPod into the computer speakers (at work) and listen to Podcast #10-2009 titled Criminal Mischeif (spelt wrong by the Company, not me), where I believe the gang were about to go to Canada and get Big Dave's stuff back from the Canadian Clubber, so I wonder how that turns out. Hope they swung over to Stockholm while in Canada to catch an Expos game...

Secondly, the city of Nashville, TN is currently under siege. We actually got a nice bit of snow yesterday and into last night. Not to mention the fact that most of the moisture that was around has now frozen into an impenetrable layer of ice on my car windows. I was actually late for work this morning because i was trying to scrape a little hole into the ice on my windshield so I could actually see where the hell I was going. To be honest, if there were more cars on the road at 6 o'clock this morning, this action would have been very dangerous. The snow on the ground is that type that's kinda half frozen and all mushy. It's pulling cars off to wherever it feels like. I thankfully only live about 3-5 minutes away from where I work, so it wasn't a problem, but I can legitimately say I was late because of the weather. You can tell by my tone (maybe) how much I care about being late today. Even the birds don't know what to do in this odd Tennessee weather. I counted 35 robins on one leafless tree outside, with another 12 or 13 in another tree down the way a little. I've never seen anything like that.

Hey I'm doing good on hitting the topics! Let's keep this rolling.

Caleb sent me a bag of coffee as a Christmas present. This is some of the best coffee I have ever been privileged to drink. It's rich and roasty. You can see all the oils on the beans when you open the bag, something you never get with grocery store coffee. The aroma is unbelievable. I can't stop thinking about this coffee, even in the evening. I think to myself "only a few more hours till I can wake up and drink that coffee." So thank you Caleb and Megan for this. Best present ever.
I'm aware that we didn't get them a present, but that's because Bethany went home for Christmas and spent all our money. We'll make it up to them, I hope. I actually owe my brother a Christmas and B-day present. F

So to wrap things up properly, no one is leaving the house today because of the weather, except maybe me, and there's no employees coming into work today because of this fact. This makes me happy because I generally don't like it when these people come into work and I have to greet every one of them. And I need to do some Christmas shopping and it's nearly February.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the shoutout. I knew that word was spelled incorrectly from the moment that I typed it but for some reason I never entertained the thought of running the spell check. I am glad you are reading and listening, I appreciate it. I have been thinking of you and your wife with all the snow coming to Tennessee and I hope that you were playing it off all cool with the locals. "Pffft, this ain't nothin. You don't even know what snowy is." That's roughly what I would have been saying. Oh, and I would make sure to tell one of my native Tennesseean neighbors or co workers about the snow piles above my head just to see the look on their faces.

    ReplyDelete