Saturday, December 24, 2011

Yoo-Hoo and 88 Fingers Louie

Well, I was about half way through a Midnight Shift Security Officer's Night Before Christmas poem post, but I decided that it was turning out to be decidedly unfunny, so I deleted it.  Mostly, the problem I had was trying to rhyme the word "Caremark," which wasn't working out to well, and that was in the first line of the thing.  Well anyway, it's Christmas eve, and I'm at work.  I'll make no bones about being at work and blogging right now, because, well, there's nothing going on and I don't have anything to do right now anyway.  But how about a story?

About 9 years ago, I was smack dab in the middle of a Yoo-Hoo kick, where all I wanted to drink all day was Yoo-Hoo.  I was a total addict for a month or so in there.  So I remember that year having a couple Yoo-Hoo's in tow as we went to all the houses of relatives around the area on Christmas eve.  Also, instead of listening to boring old Christmas music while we drove to all the houses, we listened to 88 Fingers Louie's album Back On The Streets.  Well, somehow, the events of that Christmas 2002 ended up being repeated every Christmas eve until we moved to Nashville.  Now, whenever I hear this album, or drink a Yoo-Hoo, it reminds me of Christmas.  It's my little tradition, and I always forget to buy Yoo-Hoo until it's too late and all the stores are closed.  At least I have half of the tradition going on as I'm jamming Back On The Streets here at the desk tonight.

Okay, well that's all for now.  I'm going to play some air drums and wait for Santa to land his sleigh on the roof of Caremark.  Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment