Saturday, August 11, 2012

Eating Expired Yogurt

This will be the death of me.
Recently I discovered that Fage Greek yogurt is super good.  I was aware of how great Greek yogurt was, but this brand is exceptionally good.  I found this out when we were flying home from Boston, and grabbed a snack at the Newark airport.  My wife got a Greek yogurt, Fage Yogurt, for little baby Evie to eat because she could use the protein, or whatever.  So I shared it with her and was totally impressed with the stuff.  I went out later that day after getting home and grabbed another one for my near-future eating pleasure, and that one was totally good, as well.

So now, skip ahead to today, I went to the grocery store and got a Fage yogurt to enjoy whilst at work, like, this very moment that I'm typing this.  Well, I just pulled it out of the fridge and noticed that it has an expiration date of like, three weeks ago.  It's stamped "Jul 21 2012."  (it's August 11th, now)

I think I'm going to eat it anyway.  Well at least crack it open and see if it's looking or smelling funky.  If it looks okay, I'm totally going to eat it.  While at the store, I made a special journey from one end of the store all the way to the other end, specifically to get one of these yogurts.  I'm not letting that effort go to waste, damn it.

So if you don't hear from me soon, you'll know that I totally died from eating expired Greek yogurt.  If I died from it, just know that I loved you all very much, and thank you for reading my blogs.  But if I die, and this is my last post, I still want to say thank you and stuff, but I'm disappointed that you people don't click on my ads more often...I get paid for that, you know?

So this is goodbye, either just for now, or perhaps forever.  Fage Yogurt is good enough for me to die for, I guess.  

1 comment:

  1. Greek yogurt is great. A co-worker told me she had some that was over two months old and it was fine. Also, watch this movie and you will never think the same way about expiration dates again. http://divethefilm.com/

    ReplyDelete