Saturday, September 8, 2012

(not) Fun with Wikipedia Random Article

Okay, I'm bored and I need something to entertain myself, so let's have some fun with the Wikipedia random article generator.

On the side of Wikipedia, there's a link that says "Random Article."  What I'm going to do is hit it, and whatever pops up, I'll write about it, using information I've found on the page.  I'm only going to hit it one time, so that's going to be the article.  No cheating for me.  Okay, here goes...

OOOkaay..so I got "Mast (Sufism)"  and this is going to be not only difficult to write about, but also difficult to understand.  Also, difficult to make for an entertaining read.  Now, I will read the article, and then tell you all what it's about without looking back at the article.  GO!

So basically, it's being "intoxicated with God," to the point where the person has lost touch with reality.  They've experienced such a profound inner-somethingorother that they pretty much go crazy, but you know, because it's crazy for God, it's "okay."  This has something to do with Sufi's, which I'm not familiar with.  I guess it happens a lot, in areas like Iran and what is now Pakistan.  This is the whitest thing ever written.  Also, Mast is pronounced "must."  Ha, well this Mast thing seems like a pretty profound experience that I'm just sort of waxing on on a Blogger blog...Feels sorta weird.  Anyway...So...Wow, so that was fun.

...No it wasn't.  I'm sorry for that.  Have a good rest of your Saturday, though.  We'll do this again another time.  And try and generate your own random article.  Hey, you might learn something.  I did!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mast_(Sufism)

1 comment:

  1. I love God so much, I appear drunk. That's what I'm going to tell the cops next time I'm pulled over.

    ReplyDelete