Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Coffee Shop or Starbucks?

Something compelled me, the second I sat down here at this coffee shop, the desire to blog. Why is that? Thats dumb! Also, with blogging from a MacBook at the apple store the other day, and now blogging from my iPhone in a Starbucks? What's up with that? I mean, what's so terrible about picking up the computer and writing about things I think about?

So I just told you I'm at a coffee shop and then told you I'm at a Starbucks. I know this is a coffee shop, but I think at this point we all consider the locally owned, local little coffee shop down the stree around the corner as the real coffee shops and a Starbucks as maybe more like, say, McDonald's? I usually feel this weird pointlessness to go sit at a coffee shop or Starbucks and use your computer or iPad or whatever in public. Most people have wifi now a days, don't they? I feel like anytime I see a person browsing away on their iPad in public, they're clearly just showing off that they have one, no? Laptops not as much, but I just feel like you have to make a great effort to go out and do that in public. It's a culture I don't understand.

Well, since I'm here blogging on my iPhone, I think I'll grab that free app thing Starbucks offers. Usually it's something good. Looks like it's Brian Cox's Wonders of the Universe. Hope it's good. I'll take almost anything free.


Have a good day, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment