Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Six Days till Move Day

Pretty much not packing.  That's our philosophy to this move.  I don't know, we just don't really like packing. But there is certainly a part of me that feels weird moving in six days and not really having anything packed, and no plans to pack anything either.  I mean, I have a box packed of stuff from the top of our dresser that I want to take, and I packed up our DVDs and video games and video game systems, but that's about it.  I believe we will pack up our dishes when the time is closer, but right now we're using them, so I don't want to pack them yet.  I think our plan of moving without packing might be a bad idea, but it might save us a ton of unnecessary work in the long run.  Or it will cause us a ton more unnecessary work.  Should be interesting.

Another problem I thought of the other day, my mom came down with their truck to help us move the big stuff.  What I though of the other day was that I don't think our couch is going to fit in the bed of the truck. Like...at all.  This is a problem because how are we gonna get the couch to the new house?  My mom is sitting right over there as I type this, and I haven't even raised this question to her yet because I just thought of it.  We might need to rent a truck after all.  I suppose we'll have to discuss this.

So today, I brought my wife to the airport because she is going to a work conference in Portland, OR.  She'll be gone the rest of the week, and this is uncharted territory for us.  I have both kids, one of which is breastfed, so I hope he doesn't miss his mama too badly.  We've got a freezer full of milk for the boy, but the comfort of the boob will be missed, hopefully not too badly.  As I said, my wonderful mom is here to help me this week and next during the move, so that's nice.  Don't know what I would do without her.

After bringing my wife to the airport, I went out to Mt. Juliet to buy a microwave off of craigslist.  I had conferred with the seller on Sunday and again on Monday about picking it up on Tuesday, (today) early this morning.  And of course, I went all the way out there and the person didn't answer their phone or answer my texts.  Perfect.  What a waste of my morning.  I don't understand how that happens.

That's all I feel like typing today.  I won $15 on a scratch off ticket yesterday, so that's awesome.  Later, folks.

1 comment:

  1. There is no reason to pack all your things: You are just going to unpack them all again in a day anyway.

    ReplyDelete