Wednesday, October 23, 2013

5 Days To Go

So, yesterday I came here and talked about how our truck situation wasn't going to work out so well for the couch, so today I decided to look into what it takes to rent a truck.  We rented a truck to move to Nashville 4 1/2 years ago, but I didn't do the renting.  I don't know how it happened, but we just had one, and I didn't have any part in the rental.  Anyway, I heard it was kind of inexpensive, so I checked it out.

I got a 10 foot truck for four hours, plus insurance, and it only cost $35.  Pretty nice.  I imagine we would spend close to that amount on gas back and forth.  Maybe not that much, but still, time is money, too.  It's about a 15 minute drive from my current place to the new place, so one load will take a half an hour just driving.  If the traffic is bad (which it can be in that area sometimes), then the travel time will take even longer.  We have a lot of stuff, and it'll be nice to put a lot of the big things in one or two loads and take it all at one time.  The four hour time limit will ensure we move, move, move our asses into gear, as well.  I think it's the perfect solution to our little sizable furniture problem.

Looking forward to a new place, not really looking forward to all the work it's going to be next monday, but the reward will be excellent.  No one really likes moving, but it's a fact of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment