Friday, June 4, 2010

Rich Chicks

Ah, man. I don't even know where to begin.

My lovely wife had a job interview at Lipscomb University today, and that's awesome. It's awesome because, first of all, she gets to advance her career. Secondly, she'll get paid more money, so that's always a plus. I also enjoy the fact that I would get to drive to the Green Hills area to pick her up instead of the TSU area where she is at now. In case you're not familiar with the Nashville area, the TSU area is where you go to get robbed. Not by students, but by the neighborhood. Green Hills is where you go if you're rich. It's where you go if you want to buy some Louis Vuitton.

So I had to go there today to bring her to her interview. While she was talking to the nice lady we hope hires her, I spent my time walking around the Green Hills mall, home of the aforementioned Louis Vuitton store. It's also home to Coach, Tiffany & Co., and Gucci. You get the idea. Well, I couldn't help but notice the people walking around the mall, on a Friday morning, all seemed to be the same stereotypical 30's or 40's woman, usually in nicer clothes than the normal woman, also usually more attractive than the average woman. Sometimes they had a little one in tow, sometimes not. But they all had that vibe of "rich wife" as they walked around the mall, none of them really smiling, nor frowning. All of these stereotypes I have placed upon the clientèle of the Mall at Green Hills may not be true, but it felt that way. I laughed because I desire these's womens lives. I want to be able to just go and walk around the Mall at Green Hills on a weekday morning, shopping for stuff that I probably don't need. I also want to be a middle aged woman, apparently. When I realized I was also just walking around the Mall at Green Hills on a weekday morning, but I knew I was only there to kill time and I wasn't going to buy anything. That's when I realized how I looked and what I was actually doing, and how these women looked, and the fact that I didn't know what they were doing. For all I know, the Mall at Green Hills hadn't sold anything to these ladies. I could never know, unless I asked.

So I realized I cannot assume things about people that I assume things about. I don't know what's really going on, so I have to stick to what is known, and what facts I know.

Though while there, I went to the Apple store and updated my Twitter from an iPad. So awesome. Though I don't know if the iPad is really that awesome, or if I'm just assuming again, going off things I've heard...

That is all, I hope this makes sense, because I am not proofreading it AT ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment