Monday, June 7, 2010

The Waiting Game.

So I'm sitting on the couch, waiting for a carpet cleaner guy to come, and I'm not happy about it, folks. Not that I don't want our carpets to be cleaned for free, as part of our re-up on our lease, but I just don't like when someone I don't know comes into my dwelling. I just feel uneasy about having someone come in here. He tried to come last Tuesday, but I was about to go to work, so I told him to come back today. I asked how long it would take, and he told me about a half hour, but that still doesn't make me uneasy about the whole situation. I just don't like it. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm going to do my best to ignore him and just hang out. I'm not that kind of guy though, so I hope he just comes in, does the damn thing, and gets out.

It's affecting me in other ways as well. I want to start playing video games or whatever but I don't want to get into the middle of things and then have the guy show up, making me have to stop. Then there's that awkward situation where I don't know what to do with myself. Do I continue doing what I was doing? I don't think I do. You don't play Call of Duty while someone is cleaning your carpets. What do I do with myself? Do I hang around him while he works? Do I help him?

No, I'm not helping him. I'm not moving anything else out of the way at this point. I got a lot of stuff off the carpets, but this is all I'm doing. So I don't know, I guess I'll just hang out, and do nothing while he works.

It feels like when Ricky Bobby is being interviewed in Talladega Nights, and he doesn't know what to do with his hands. That's how I will feel.

Another thing driving me crazy about it, as I touched on above is that I don't know exactly when to expect him. It's supposed to be "morning" and it's currently 10:07 a.m. CDT, so that could be anytime in the next hour and a half. So I just wait. I want this to be over.

I hate people, but I love gatherings. This is very, very true.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that's messed up. First of all, you are from the Midwest. You are supposed to offer to help him like six times, and then do something industrious while he is working so that he doesn't think you are a lazy sack of shit. I usually do bills or clean my fridge. It would also be acceptable for you to watch a baseball game.

    ReplyDelete