Thursday, June 7, 2012

iPhone Won't Connect to 4G? I Have Your Answer

I have an iPhone 4S, and I recently encountered a problem where it wouldn't connect to the AT&T 4G network here in Nashville. It worked fine on WiFi, but it wouldn't load any data over the network. When it happened to my wife a week or so later, I realized that I may not be alone with this problem.  So I figured I'd post something so that if anyone else has this problem, they'll be able to find an answer on the internet, something I failed to find when I searched for answers.

The Solution?  Turn it off and turn it back on again.  Works like a dream.  Simple as that.  In fact, that's a great thing to do for any weird thing your iPhone may be doing.  With no real on/off switch on the iPhone, it's probably on for long stretches of time.  Turning it off and on every once in a while is a good idea to keep the thing running good. 

So I hope you found you're answer to why your iPhone isn't working right. 

 Have a great day!  

4 comments:

  1. sadly, us iPhone 4S users are still actually only on the 3G network. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, but it's easier to just say "4g" than try to explain this. Didn't I already write a post on that subject? I meant to...Last I checked, there is no 4G network, at least in the US. No one has the speed, whatever that actually is. There is no standard for 4G, so companies can call whatever they want to call 4G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LTE network is technically 4G, I believe. To be more on-topic with your post, though, I have noticed that my phone drops signal a lot more recently. I blame it on network congestion and AT&T being horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is happening to me to here in Austin. Been going on now about a month. So buggy! Have to keep switching from wifi to 4g to see if any will work . Wonder what's going on?

    ReplyDelete