Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Second Bowl of Cereal Always Sucks

I like cereal.  I mean, don't we all like cold cereal at least a little bit?  I like to think so.  Anyway, I like cereal so much, sometimes I want to have a second bowl of cereal.  And you know what?  It sucks every time.

I eat the one bowl and it's tasty, but then I'm like, "you know, I should have gotten a bigger bowl."  Now I'm done, but I'm not finished, if you know what I mean.  So I'm like, okay, I'll just get another bowl of cereal, and it's all super crunchy and dry.  I don't remember the last bowl I just had being this crunchy and dry like this one.

Your cereal gets gradually soggy in the first bowl, but you don't really notice as it happens.  When you get that second bowl, it just seems so much more crunchy than the first bowl ever was.   Like, there is no way that first bowl was this crunchy at first, is there?  But yes, it was, but you just didn't realize.  I mean, it came from the same box, right?

So what I'm trying to say is, I don't believe that it is the same crunchiness.  I believe there is something or someone going into that box of cereal and fortifying your cereal's wall structure, making it more sturdy, and crunchy.  That's why I never buy fortified cereals.  They're just crunchier than regular cereals.

No, that's a terrible joke.  Forget that part.

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is the second bowl of cereal is always terrible, or at the very least, not nearly as good as the initial bowl was, and at best, it's just kinda tearing up the roof of your mouth.  But that first bowl wasn't doing that. So the lesson here is to get one big ass bowl of cereal, and don't go for seconds.

1 comment: