Thursday, July 11, 2013

The No-Phone Challenge

The other night, I was brushing my teeth before bed and checking Twitter while I did so.  As I scrolled along, my phone battery died.  I thought to myself, this sucks, I can't wait to plug my phone in so I can use it again.  Then I thought, what if I didn't plug my phone back in?  What if I went an entire day without the use of my phone?  Wouldn't that be a fun experience?

I'm addicted to my phone.  I freely admit it.  I look at it constantly.  It's sort of sad, really, but there's just so much entertainment on the thing, I can't put it down.  It's an addiction.  I might try the no phone for an entire day, but that day ain't today.  As soon as I got to bed that night, I plugged my phone in and continued on like normal.  It wont' be tomorrow, either because I need to use it tomorrow.  But soon, I think I will do it.  I don't know what extent I'll cut myself off at, like, I can still use the computer or no?  Use any electronic device like the PS3?  I don't know.  I'll have to decide on the extent, but I think that if I went at it hardcore, it might make for an interesting blog post, something that hasn't been written in a good long while.

Maybe next week.  I'll let you when I do it by writing about it the next day...or perhaps during.  We'll see.

Goodbye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment