Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My new haircut

So when trying to name the blog, I tried to come up with a creative name for it today, which technically, I did, because I am trying to reference the hilarious YouTube video of the same name, but all in all it just comes out as if I am going to talk about my new haircut. I might talk about it, but that's not the point. It's also an old video which makes this an aged reference, thus making the reference less funny, but the "chinaman is not the issue" as they say...

Though I believe the politically correct term would be "Asian-American"

Well, after I came to a conclusion that I am possibly the most unhealthy vegetarian on planet earth, I made an effort to do something about it. When we went grocery shopping, I bought an assortment of the usually vegetables one would usually chose at the store, but I really have no intention of using them other than eating them raw or steamed or in some sort of salad. My serious lack of culinary skills tells me that that's the only way I am able to enjoy them. The only thing I see when I see a raw carrot is it's in soup or its raw. I love raw carrots so that's not that big a deal I guess. But I feel like an idiot when the only vegetables I know how to do anything with is carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, and/or other leafy greens. I know that just eating these veggies is not enough to get all the nutrients you need to be a healthy person. I also use the old adage that, I haven't died from not eating these foods this long, what will make me die from it now? There are a lot of vitamins and minerals missing from those foods. The types of things that are in the more obscure foods, and naturally occurring BTW, which is the best way to get them, I guess I'm missing out on them. I don't know what do to with squash. I don't really like it anyway, but I guess you can bake it or steam it. Cucumber? Fuck cucumber. But it's probably really good for you! I should just buy some and eat it.

I just got a message that my answer tone "Heaven" has expired today. I'm not going to get it back, because I don't care, lol.

So basically, I'm making an effort to eat some of the veggies I have neglected in the past year-ish. I am also on a yogurt kick. I go on kicks of things and yogurt is this weeks "kick." The only "kick" that I've gotten started and haven't stopped yet is coffee. I really, really like coffee. The main reason for all the awakening about the veggies and stuff is the fact that I've gained like, 15lbs since moving to Nashville. I swear to god, I lost significant weight and always kept it off when I worked midnights. I got off mids when I moved here, and viola!!!! 15lbs...never fails.

Welp, I don't know what else to tell you today. I go back to work today at 2, and I'm not dreading it. Work is alright.

1 comment:

  1. What is your work sched in general? I'm tring to find a 3 day weekend coming up. Maybe nov or dec. I was in mass city this weekend, colors are really changing up there.

    ReplyDelete