Saturday, November 20, 2010

Get Your Drink On pt. 1

I guess I'm a weekend blogger now...Didn't mean for that to happen.

Anyway, what's up, America? What's up Canada? What's up, Earth?

I'm up, and that's okay, I'm used to it by now. Sleeping in is overrated. I got shit to do, damnit.

There are two things I enjoy that are better when done correctly. Coffee and Beer. These are two things that make me happy, and they are things you begin and end the day with (typically). Coffee comes in all sorts of varieties, and several different types of packaging. Most people drink coffee that is pre-ground, canned, and cheap. That's okay, I did for a long time, too. I'm not knocking anyone who drinks Maxwell House or Folgers out of the can. In fact, if that's all you ever drink/drank, that's probably the way you like your coffee. Hey, that's all I used to drink, too. Gradually, I started drinking coffee from places that specalize in that sort of thing, and also eventually I started weening myself off of loading the cup with cream, and then sugar, until one day I just started drinking my coffee black. Then I went to grinding my own whole beans, like, the bag of beans you get from the grocery store, like the "preimum Folgers" or the Dunkin' Donuts brands.

I realized I was starting to really enjoy all the different kinds of coffee out there, and all the good coffees that are available. There's so much more than just a cup of stale, shitty canned coffee. There's a whole world of wonderfully roasted, fresh, whole bean coffee out there to find, and taste, and enjoy. It ain't really about the wake up juice aspect of it that it used to be. It's about tasting the deliciousness of it. Though to be honest, if I don't have that morning cup of joe, I want to kill the innocent. So you better get outta my way if I'm haven't had my coffee yet.

I enjoy the world of coffee, but I do it in the comfort of my own home, because it's so much cheaper than going to some uppity coffee shop somewhere, of which there are thousands. Not that I'm opposed to coffee shops, but everyone associates them with Starbucks, and everyone loves to have a "coffee drink" loaded with sugar, cream and bullshit. Not me. I'll take a cup of coffee, black. Love it. I get my beans from Whole Foods lately, because they freshly roast their shit right there in the store, and it's days old, not weeks old. It's awesome. Now to try other places that roast their own, because there are a few here in town. It's fun. It's something to do, ya know? Drink a cup a coffee, cuz it tastes good.

Sorta like drinking a beer...

see ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment