Thursday, November 4, 2010

Vote for Twofeathers

I really wanted to write the exact same blog post Big Dave wrote, but it's all been done now. I do want to talk a bit about my experience with voting in Tennessee.

Yeah, I voted. It was awesome. It's always a pleasure to vote in America. We have that right, and weather you care or not, that's important. We're not touched by the fact that people can't voice their opinions in other parts of the world, or that certain people weren't able vote in this country until relatively short time ago. That's okay, people. You do what you like, I suppose.

I noticed something happen while I was voting. The list for the choice for Governor was quite extensive, even if the television had only really told me about two candidates. After I cast my vote for Governor, I proceeded to another part of the ballot. It should be noted that this was an electronic voting machine, which I had never used before Tuesday, so that was fun. Anyway, I went to the next part of the ballot, and I wasn't really reading what the column was for. I didn't recognize any of the names on the list, but I liked the name of one candidate, one Carl Twofeathers Whitaker. I said, what the hell, sounds awesome, so I punched the box on the screen next to his name. Doing this, it erased my original vote for governor. Turns out, his name was on the continuation of the original governor list. It was pretty unclear, at least to me, that the list was that long. I could have just not been paying that close enough of attention, and cast my vote for Twofeathers. I was able to switch it back to who I wanted to vote for.

Anyway, turns out that Twofeathers came in third place in the state. Makes me think that several other people had made the same mistake I had done. I noticed that it had changed my vote, and I would have to say that someone no one had ever heard of coming in third, that would be a pretty good indicator that I am correct, and either of the two "major" candidates lost some votes because a lot of folks were simply not paying attention.

Weather or not this swayed the election is doubful, because it was a massive defeat on the part of Bill Haslem. But still, it was pretty funny that I noticed that happen while voting, and then to find out he came in third place.

haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment