Thursday, May 10, 2012

Feeding Baby

Let's talk about baby for a minute, can I?  Okay here's the deal.  For the first, oh say, about 8 months or so perhaps, feeding baby was easy.  Stick a bottle in her mouth, and check the clock so I know when to give her her next one.  But now that she's one year old, things have changed on that front.  Now, she eats like we do.  This is my problem.

I don't want her to eat like me.  I want to give her healthy food.  I am the least healthy vegetarian in America.  I eat bread and cheese.  But when I need to be responsible and feed my daughter, I need to make healthy choices for the two of us.  This is ultimately a good thing for me, because I'll probably get more veggies in my diet, just because it's easier to give her what I'm eating than make something separate.  I can't justify giving her grilled cheese sandwiches and pizza all the time (foods we both love, but shouldn't).  The good thing is, she likes steamed broccoli and carrots.  This is wonderful.  It's easy to make, and it's healthy.  I'll eat what she doesn't eat, and we're both set.

But I can't give her the same thing every day.  So I have to come up with meals for us.  I have to cook for us so that we can eat real food.  This is an area I'm going to work on improving for the benefit of our family.  Because we can't just live off steamed broccoli and toaster waffles.

I'm off to find a recipe or two.  Wish me luck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment