Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How-To Videos on YouTube

I really like making soup.  I've made two soups so far this year already, and they have both been really good. I said in my New Years Resolution post that I wanted to start doing some cooking, and I actually have.  I found some recipes and stuff to make and I've made a few (2).  It's a lot of fun to cook, but mostly, I love to chop.  Chopping is great when you don't lose chunks of your fingers (which I've done a few times).  I don't know what I'm doing sometimes. but when that happens, I just look up an instructional video on YouTube.  There is usually a video telling me how to do what I need to do.  Like for instance, yesterday I made a vegetable soup, and I was supposed to dice the potatoes.  I didn't really know how to make my round, solid potato into little cubes, but some dude on YouTube showed me.  Who needs cooking school when you have the Internet to tell you how to do stuff for free?

It got me thinking, what could I make as an instructional video on YouTube?  What am I so good at that I could teach someone how to do it like me in a video?  I think it would be cool to get thousands upon thousands of hits and positive feedback for my amazing ability to do whatever it is I do.  I really came up with nothing.  I can't show anyone how to do anything useful :(.  It's sort of sad, actually.  So I'm thinking maybe I could make a video of me telling people to do something horribly wrong?  That would be hilarious.

Anyway, that's all I got for tonight.  I hope you all can get a good nights sleep.  I'll see ya tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment