Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Skinny Vanilla Latte

I feel weird ordering something that has the descriptor of "skinny" for myself.  I feel like things that are marked "skinny" are marketed to skinny people who want to maintain their skinniness.  Sure, I'd like to be skinny, but ordering a skinny vanilla latte isn't going to help...well, it's not going to hurt either.  I won't get fatter by not drinking whole milk and 80 grams of sugar.  I will get fatter if I do.  See what I mean?  But it's the marketing of it all, it bothers me.

I know it works, I know people want to be skinny, so attaching the term to a drink that is usually fattening is a good idea.  I just feel less manly ordering a skinny vanilla latte.  I'd rather order a non-fat, sugar-free vanilla latte, which I could totally do, I suppose.  I don't know, it's not like I'm concerned with being manly.  I'm no tough guy, I'm no bad ass   I guess I don't really have a problem with it.  I just felt like I had to order it like it wasn't for me.    

I got a bunch of Starbucks gift cards from my Mother-in-law for Easter/my birthday, and I've been using it a lot this week.  Starbucks has half priced Frappuccino from 3-5 everyday, so I've gone over and gotten a cup of sugar and fat both Monday and Tuesday this week.  I might just go ahead and do that again today.  Who knows?  It might get crazy up in here. I didn't even know Frappuccinos were so delicious.

What inspired me to go get a skinny vanilla latte this morning was the fact that my birthday free drink coupon was set to expire today.  So last night I got in my mind that first thing in the morning I would head to Starbucks and get an expensive latte.  When I woke up this morning, I checked the Starbucks app on my phone to see that my free drink coupon had expired as of today, not after today.  So no free drink for me, but my heart was still set on that stupid latte.  So I went and got one anyway.  I hate spending more than $4 on a drink. I did it, but remember, I had credit on my card, so not really out of pocket expense.  Thanks, Kris Ball!  I'm happier for drinking that latte this morning.  I'm glad I did it.  And now I'm skinnier for ordering it skinny.  I mean look at me.

(this is a picture of me as of finishing this post.)


No comments:

Post a Comment