Sunday, May 5, 2013

Two Things

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Okay this post can go one of two ways.  I can talk about things that happened to me this week, or I can talk about things I thought about this week.  So, since I can't decide, and I know you'll probably read it anyway, I'll just do both.  I said this could go one of two ways, and then told you it's going to go both ways.  I'm a good writer.


As far as things that happened to me this week, I traded in my first new car for my second new car.  The Focus, the wonderfully dependent and reliable Ford Focus, it had to go.  The family had finally outgrown it.  When we bought the thing in 2010, we were 13 months away (unknowingly) from adding another member to our family.  When we bought it, it made perfect sense.  Good, compact car with good gas millage.  Sporty design, nice features.  A perfect car for a married couple in their 20's and no kids.  Well, now we have two kids and they didn't fit.  Well, they fit, but not like, super comfortably.  So I went and got an oil change on Monday morning, and while I was there, I got to talking to a salesman, Alfredo.  I told him the wife and I were considering upgrading to a larger vehichle, like perhaps the Ford Escape.  He showed me one on the lot, and I noticed it was even larger than I had imagined.  Okay, thanks Alfredo, but not today.

He calls me on Tuesday saying they have a great one-day deal on a Escape, and it's the last day of the month so we should go there and see if we can get a deal done.  Long story short, we got the deal done.  We got the bigger vehicle that we can fit comfortably inside.   Our payments didn't  go up much.  Overall it was a win-win situation.  I'll miss the Focus.  I was a good car.  But this Escape is really, really nice.  Serious upgrade.

Okay, so that's what happened to me.  So what did I think about this week?  Cottage Cheese.  Man, Cottage Cheese is weird, eh?  Usually when you see curdled dairy, the first instinct isn't "EAT THAT!"  Yet, when it comes to cottage cheese, that's exactly what I do.  I eat that.  Even as a kid, I've always loved cottage cheese.  Kids usually don't eat weird-lookin' food, but I guess I did.  Love cottage cheese, but it just seems counter to what you should actually eat.  Like, the idea of cottage cheese is gross to me, yet it's one of my favorite foods.  Weird.

Anyway, that's all.  Hope you have a fantastically wonderful day.  If you read this, that means you woke up and are alive, therefore the only thing stopping you from having the best day ever is your attitude.  You can make today great.  Try doing something new today.  Make a damn memory today.  

1 comment: