Monday, February 21, 2011

There Is a Wrong Side

It used to be manual, once upon a time.
As I wrote about before, I like to eat toast for breakfast.  It's quick, cheap and easy, just like the women of Gwinn.  Also, It's delicious, but that's very unlike the women of Gwinn, but I digress.

One important thing I noticed when making toast it there is a clear front and back to a piece of toast.  Ever notice that?  I pull the toast out of the toaster and check both sides and determine which side is the side to put the topping on and which side is the back.  I can always tell which side is which.  In fact, some days I don't care which side to butter/peanut butter/nutella/jam, but I can clearly tell I'm putting the stuff on the back side of the toast, even though I also know that it really doesn't matter.  Sometimes I butter the darker side because it'll cover up the slightly burned area and make that taste better.  Sometimes I do the opposite, because the darker side is clearly the back.  But if I put the topping on the wrong side, I know, and it stays embedded in my head when I'm eating it.  Does this happen to you?

Also, when I pull out two slices of bread to make a sandwich, any type of sandwich, the parts that are together in the bread bag have to be facing each other when the sandwich is created.  To further explain what I mean, you cannot flip over one of the pieces of bread in the sandwich making process.  I think this is borderline OCD, but I don't care, it's important to me.  I go through painstaking measures to make sure the bread stays in it's original direction out of the bag.  If not, you just have an inside out sandwich.  It's like putting all the toppings on the top of two slices of bread.  It's just out of order.

I've also made toast where I pulled it out and both sides are looking like the back.  I can't decide, but just go with it, even though I'm pretty sure I'm making the wrong decision, and I'm buttering the back.  It's just a little something else that'll drive me to drinking.

Enjoy your toast, but don't butter the wrong side.  It'll ruin your day.

2 comments:

  1. I understand and agree on the toast thing, but I am opposite on the sandwich bread issue. If you set the loaf on end, the sides that would be the bottoms must remain the bottoms, and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a woman of Gwinn, I sort of want to kick you in the shins now.

    ReplyDelete