Sunday, July 29, 2012

Shipping Up to Boston

Alright alright, today is travel day.  Travel day is my most favoriteist day of the year.  I just love flying.  I'd love to be like George Clooney in Up in the Air, just flying and flying and flying.  I just love it.

Anyway, I like the fact that I know in advance that today I will be making memories that go into the long-term memory bank instead of just the short-term one.  Knowing that is just the best feeling.  And I like how at the beginning of this post I wrote that "Travel day is my most favoriteist day of the year" as if it's promised that I'll travel no mater what.  That's not true, but it's sort of always been that way, hasn't it?  There is always some sort of traveling being done, throughout life.

I like that I remember most, if not all, of my trips that I've taken since being an older child.  I remember all the cool places, and even the not as cool places I've gone.  That's how I know that today, I'll be putting memories into the long-term bank, because I remember going to Green Bay and buying football jerseys for school clothes in 1996, for cryin' out loud.  I remember shit pretty easily.

So we're going to be in Boston, and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on the certain things you're supposed to do when in Boston, so I was trying to think of all things Boston that I knew about.  So while there, I gotta eat Boston cream pie, eat Boston baked beans, and drink Boston lager.  I hear you're supposed to eat clam chowder while there, and that's fine.  I like a good chowder.  That's all I came up with.  There has got to be more stuff than just that, right?  Seems kinda weak.

Well if you think of anything else boston-related, please let me know.  I'll be there, so if you need me to grab you anything, like a discounted Ray Allen jersey, or something, let me know.

Safe travels...to me!!!

4 comments:

  1. The Freedom Trail
    Fenway Park & Lansdowne Street
    Museum of Science
    Children's Museum
    Museum of Fine Arts & Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (if time allows)
    Top of the Hancock and Top of the Hub (if $ allows)
    Duck Tour
    Faneuil Hall/Quincy Marketplace
    New England Aquarium
    Every restaurant is wonderful. Chowder can be had anywhere, doesn't have to be Legal Seafood which is overrated. The chowder at the food court at Faneuil Hall or any mall is just as good and just as expensive ;) hope you brought your AmEx!
    Have fun you guys! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna break your vegetarian streak for clam chowder?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spirit of Boston cruises are nice too. And you may want to get a CityPASS: http://www.citypass.com/boston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good ideas, the library is the first one in the US. Harvard is across the river in Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete