Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Update from Beautiful Boston

One weird observation about this place is that I feel like this is a town that thrives on being cold. This seems like a great place to visit on the fall or winter. I don't really know why, but I just always imagined Boston as being perpetually September and October. Perhaps that's the baseball fan in me, where the only times I ever saw Boston was when the Red Sox were in the playoffs the past 10 years. Probably.

Anyway, after one day of mild exploration, and some major hotel chillin', I'm feeling a little bit more comfortable here. All I could think about yesterday was how "out of my comfort zone" I felt when walking around here. This is probably still true, but at least now I have a game plan today.

I think I'll take the grueling journey across the street to the oldest public library in the universe (or something like that) today. They say it's one of the "must-do" things while here, and since I'm already so close and it's (probably) free, count me in. I'm also thinking about going over to the prudential center and hitting up the observation deck. All the online reviews said it was cool and also a "go for it" on your Boston to-do list. This is also just a hop skip and jump from my current location. Buuuuut, It's. $14 a person...might do it anyway. Bethany can come with us to that and we can see the city in the evening or at night, because it's open until like, 10:30 or something like that.

Thought about going to the aquarium, but it's like $23... And Bethany can't come because they (for whatever dumb reason) close at five o'clock?!?!
That's dumb, bro. That's real dumb. It would give me an excuse to take the T, which I'm interested in doing, but, I'll have to find another excuse. I could do that without Bethany and it would be cheaper, but she said she'd be jealous if I did, so maybe I'll just leave that one off...

Okay so I'm sitting in a bath robe, Bethany had just delivered egg and cheese croissants me, so I think I'll go eat now.

Goodbye, from Boston!


No comments:

Post a Comment