Sunday, April 17, 2011

Posts About Babies: Due Date

It has finally arrived.  It's April 17th, the date I have been telling people about for around seven months now is here.  When I would say the date when I first learned of it's significance, it seemed like it was ages away.  Well, it's here now, and there is no baby yet.  I didn't think we'd make it this far.  I figured she'd come early, as some first born kids tend to do.  But no, she's comfortable in there, I guess.

My mom told me I was a month overdue.  Maybe this is why she won't come out?  She is obviously my child, as she doesn't want change to happen.  I hate change.  I like routine.  I guess she does too.  But just because I understand, doesn't mean I like it.

No, she needs to be born now.  We're just sitting here, waiting.  Our mothers are calling twice a day, checking in, seeing how my wife is doing.  Any minute now...

The pregnancy went by so fast, I can only imagine how quickly she will grow up.  I've heard of parents saying that before you know it, the kid is in High School, and you're wondering what happened to that little baby you had not all that long ago.  Because I know this, I'm going to make sure I cherish every minute of when she's little.  You can't get it back, so enjoy it while you can.  Before I know what hit me, she'll be asking to borrow the car and shit.  So, I'd like to get the memories started, damn it.

When she is born, this blog will fall silent for a minute, I imagine.  I'll try to update, but what does it matter if I do?  I'll be tweeting anyway.  If something needs to be further explained, I'll come here.  Until then, read on, my friends.  Hopefully this is the last Post About Babies that is about my pregnant wife.  Though you just never know just how stubborn she will be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment