Saturday, April 9, 2011

Posts About Babies: The Waiting Game

Put baby here
Waiting.  And more waiting.  That's what the wife and I are up to now.  We're just waiting for it to happen.  The due date is now eight days away.  Somehow, the countdown has gotten into the single digits and to be honest, it still doesn't feel like it's an "any minute" situation.  It still feels like it's ages away, although it really, really isn't.  I'm preparing by telling everyone around me that it's any minute now, but I don't even believe that.  But it's true.  My wife could call me at any moment and say "it's happening right now, let's go."

I'm ready.  Everyone is asking us if we're ready, but how can you say if you're really ready for your first child to be born?  We're as ready as we are going to be at this point.  Now, we just wait.  We got all the things an expectant parents can have ready.  We have the crib, swing, bouncer, car seat, stroller, and changing pad all set up in the apartment.  We have all her clothes folded and put away.  We have the hospital bag packed and in the trunk.  We had the car seat inspected by the Metro Nashville Police Department. All we need now is a little one to fill it.  I'm so excited to meet her.  But this wait, it's just killing me. I want to go to the hospital, damn it.  Come on, Evie.  Let's do this thing already.  

No comments:

Post a Comment