Monday, May 23, 2011

Project365 v 2.0

I mentioned a while back about a wonderful app for the iPhone called Project365.  I talked before, in case you missed it, about how it was a wonderful way to never forget a day in my life again, and that's exactly what it has done for me, a year later.

Well, I was using the free version, not realizing a few things were to my disadvantage.  First of all, the free version only allows you to have one calender year of pictures and memories saved to the app.  Thankfully, I realized this with plenty of time to come up with a solution, which was to pay for the full version.  The paid version allows for multiple years of entries, so there's no need to get another copy of the app or whatever.  Also, should anything happen to my phone, there is a web backup feature.  So all my Project365 entries are on a web site.  In fact, you can view that website yourself, I believe.  Let me try to link it HERE.  Hope that works.

Anyway, I use that as a pretty personal journal, and some of the writing is in a bit of shorthand, so if it's hard to understand, just know that I know what it means.  Also, I hope I didn't rip on anyone in one of the posts...and now you'll read it... Meh, que sara sara, I suppose.  I don't think I did anyway.

So yes, all my memories are backed up.  This is still probably the best app I got going on my phone.  Sometimes I just really need to look back and know specifically what days things happened.  What I found very weird is that I started using the free version on April 23rd, 2010, and used it for an entire year.  Little did I know at the time that I was documenting the entire calender year, almost exactly to the day, of my final year as a non-parent.  And with the new app, I have started documenting every day of being a dad.  Weird how things like that work out, eh? 


No comments:

Post a Comment