Friday, May 27, 2011

Today, I Learn How To Spell "Unbelievable"

Yesterday, I was surfing on my iPhone in the App Store, looking for an app I thought probably should exist.  I was disappointed to find out that it didn't exist, but I found something unbelievable in the process.

First off, My Coke Rewards is a thing that exists online where you enter the little stupid code on the cap of your coke product and you get points to use towards useless shit.  Well, Ive been collecting points for a long time now, and I have over 900 currently.  I spent about a hundred of them a months ago as well.  Anyway, I figured there should probably be an iPhone app for My Coke Rewards.  Not true.  I can't believe the Coke company didn't think of this.  How utterly stupid.  If you want people to participate in your program, don't you think you would make it a cool iPhone app?  People love iPhone apps, idiots.  Get with the program.

Well, the point here, the unbelievable thing I found in the process of searching for this app was that for my search results for "Coke Rewards" came up with only one app.  It was a game called Hot Farm.

Hot Farm is being sold in the App Store for $69.99

That's right, one stupid iPhone game that is being sold for seventy dollars.  I figured, who the fuck would ever pay for this?  Apparently, up to 610 people, because, that's how many people have rated this game.  Now, I would assume that at one point this game was either 99 cents like most apps or maybe even as much as five to 10 dollars.  People will pay for stupid shit, but I don't believe anyone would have paid this $70.  If they did, they need to be shot in the face.  Sorry, that's just ridiculous 

The question begs to be asked, what kind of scam artist does it take to price an app at $70?  First off, probably not a very good scam artist.  If you wanted to scam people, make it $5 or something. You could probably convince at least a handful of people to pony up that dough.  But $70?  That is just insane.  And what's funny was reading the comments and ratings by the users, they were mainly negative, or at least neutral.  Basically they said this was just like some poor Facebook game.  Unbelievable.

So check it out if you'd like.  Hot Farm.  Totally fucking stupid insane app developers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment