Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Favorite Music: 2010, #2

Back in 2008, I started a band with my longtime friends. When you start a band, you try to figure out what sounds everyone likes so you can add that to your own sound as a band. Even if Tim, Chris, TJ, and Andy were my best friends, there was still music that we all listened to on our own that perhaps wasn't widely shared amongst the group. Tim, for one, had a taste that was much different than Andy and I. Well, in the spirit of expanding my horizons, Tim borrowed me a CD by the band Band of Horses. I instantly fell in love with it. So did my wife. So much so, we made one of the songs off the album our first dance song at our wedding.

In 2010, Band of Horses released their third album, and it comes in at number two on our list...


#2. Band Of Horses - Infinite Arms

Like the total hipster I am, I bought this album on vinyl. Thankfully, it was one of those that included a digital download of the album as well, so I could rock it on my iPod, too. Good thing, because it has been pretty hard to separate me from this music since it's initial release, on May 18th. Every song on here is absolutely beautiful. This is easily my most listened to album of 2010, for sure, as you could tell by my Last.fm page. Me liking this album so much signaled a shift in musical taste in 2010, towards, you know, this. Because I couldn't get enough of this album. We saw them play here in Nashville at the War Memorial Auditorium in July, and it was a very good show. We were right up front for it, which was so cool.

I believe I have run out of ways to gush about this album at this point, except to say that it was HIGHLY considered for the number one spot...

But I had to save that for the most innovative album I think I have ever heard... However, if you want my opinion of the best music made in 2010, this is it. Not just my favorite, but the best music made this year. Simple as that.

Key Track(s): Infinite Arms, Dilly, Factory, Evening Kitchen, Older, For Annabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment