Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Favorite Music: 2010 The Rest

I think before we talk about number one on my list of favorite albums of 2010, I want to go through the other hits and misses of this past year. I bought a good amount of music in 2010, lots and lots of it was from the used bins at Grimey's and The Great Escape, and most of it wasn't released in 2010. But of the stuff I did buy this year, these are the honorable mentions!

Honorable Mentions: In No Particular Order

Four Year Strong - Enemy of the World

The Gay Blades - Savages

Vampire Weekend - Contra

Bad Books - s/t

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Nightmare

Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life

Hot Hot Heat - Future Breeds

OK Go - Of The Blue Color Of The Sky

I also want to touch on the biggest disappointment of the year. That honor goes to the band Terrible Things, with their debut album titled Terrible Things. While not living up to the name in being actually Terrible, it was pretty damn generic. I like Fred Mascherino, and I really liked his solo album, under the name The Color Fred, but this album is so bland. Radio-ready blah. Alternative Press gave it such a glowing review, I figured it must be the greatest album to be released this year, only to be a huge let down. Sorry Fred, I like you, I support you, but this is not very inspiring stuff.

Of the honorable mentions above, I want to highlight Vampire Weekend, OK Go and Hot Hot Heat. These albums are all great, despite being left off my illustrious list, and I recommend you go get them, in that order.

Key Track, Honorable Mentions:
Before the Earth Was Round - OK Go - Of The Blue Color of the Sky


Best album not released in 2010 that I procured in 2010:

Spockadelic - Ooh Baby I like It Raw



Thanks for reading. Tomorrow is the big day! Number one is...

No comments:

Post a Comment