Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The FCC Is Gonna Take A Shit Right On Your Head

As many of you probably know, I'm a pretty big fan of a band called Band of Horses. Recently, as in the past 5 or 6 months, I've been listening to a radio station here in Nashville called Lightning100, and they've been playing the shit out of that band for the most part of my listening experience. They've especially ramped up their plays this week, because the station sponsors a free outdoor concert every Thursday called Live on the Green. Band of Horses is playing it this Thursday, and I'm pretty bummed out that I won't be able to see them. I have to work, and getting out of that shift is unlikely. Additionally, I just saw them this past July. All of this is besides the point, I suppose.

Well anyway, as I say, they keep playing them on this radio station, particularly, their lead single from their latest album, Infinite Arms, a song called Laredo. I couldn't help but notice that in there appeared to be a line in the song that probably shouldn't be on the radio. I looked up the line in the song, and according to the lyric website, the line says "a kitchen knife, fucked in the face." While that line really doesn't make any sense, that is exactly what it sounds like he sings. I noticed that they were definitely not editing the song on the radio, therefore, I must be wrong. Well, yesterday, as I was listening to the station, like I do, I noticed that they had edited out one line, and inserted one from another part of the song. Well, that would tell me that I was right, and they finally realized it. They were broadcasting the word fuck on the radio, over and over. Or were they? What I needed was another source. I looked up the lyrics, but what I found was a mixed result.

Some sites said "Kitchen knife, fucked in the face." While others said "Kitchen knife, up to my face" which makes a little bit more sense. So, the Lightning100 radio edit makes me think that either they were fooled by the internet as well, or vice versa. I don't know what the real lyric is, but either way, the song is badass, and I'm really just glad I can hear it on the radio somewhere. Whatever the lyric is, I hope it's fucked, because that means they were broadcasting the word fuck for months and months, and that's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment