Friday, October 8, 2010

The Old Me's Dead and Gone (to you)

I just wrote an entire blog post, edited it, reread it, and deleted it. I simply could not put those thoughts and feelings out on the internet. I'm not that kind of person. BUT, I will touch on the subject, without blasting someone in the process.

The subject I refer to above, is the feeling of being forgotten, like out of sight out of mind, sort of thing. Now, as I have made it painfully clear in the past year or so, I am a transplant from one part of the country to another, and that means I moved away from a lot of people that I love and care about. The feeling is mutual, even if they don't quite say so everyday. Or even if it's very rare that you hear from them at all. I know those people back home are my friends. There's no question about it. Some people have a harder time than others understanding this, and that's okay, they didn't expect to be "forgotten" about after they moved. I was expecting it, because I had a friend go through the same thing, so I knew what to expect. He didn't, and that's how I learned what to expect. His misery is my gain, sort of, I guess.

Well anyway, I feel bad for the guy, man. He still feels forgotten about after all this time, and it really shouldn't be that way. I know that people back home are busy, and have probably moved on from you and I. They don't have time to call or text or message you on facebook, because they have lives that we're not a part of anymore. It's a sad reality, but nonetheless, reality. You can't go harboring grudges against the people you once called friends back home because they never contact you. You're just not around anymore. You're out of sight! I understand this, and I hope someday you will too.



No comments:

Post a Comment