Saturday, October 2, 2010

Posts About Babies: Required Reading

So I decided to go with Posts About Babies as the running title of the posts about the pregnancy. Why the hell not? No one suggested one, and I can't think of anything else, so go with that.

Last night, I almost lost a limb at the hand of a pregnant woman. Not that I felt that she would actually harm me, but I couldn't believe how quickly she turned on me. She was on the phone with her mother, and there was a dog on a couch cushion in between her and her glass of ice water. She politely asked me if I could get up and grab it for her, which I got up and did. When I grabbed the water glass off the table, I took a sip of it, and she ANGRILY whispered to me "Give me that water I'm really thirsty and all I want is that water."

Woah.

Where did that come from? One minute she was fine, next she was whisper-yelling at me. I suppose that happens with this pregnancy thing. According to my book, this is normal.

I got caught up on my book this morning, The Expectant Father. The book goes month by month, so that makes it easier to read because I only have to read a chapter a month. The thing is, it's not really telling me anything I couldn't have figured out myself at this point anyway. Basically it says "don't be an asshole, don't worry if you feel left out, try to stay involved and educated. Also, talk about stuff you are going through with your wife as well as with other people who've been through this already." Yeah, I got it. I do that. I'm that kind of person anyway. Though, I'll keep reading it, even if I don't really feel like I need to. It's not going to hurt anything, right? I'm sure I will some things from the book.

So that's what I deal with, getting whisper-yelled-at, and all in all, it's not bad for me. I feel really bad for my wife, because she is going though all this, and I just want her to feel good. There's nothing I can do about this, but according to the book, that's normal, and I will experience that feeling for a while. I guess I learned that. So that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment