Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bad Ass Dude

Replace knife with a road sign
If you don't know, I have a very, very short drive to get to work.  The other day, during that short drive, I saw something awesome.

I was stopped at the stoplight, the only stoplight I have to hit, when I saw this truck pull up across the intersection from me.  It was an all-white truck, with some sort of seal on the side and a bunch of tools sticking out of a truck-tool-holder thingy in the back.  I assume this truck and the worker inside of it worked for the city, or the county, or the state or whatever.  Anyway, the dude pulls over on the side of the road, just past the intersection and immediately jumps out and crosses the street.  The dude had a sleeveless shirt on, jeans and a bandanna wrapped around his head Rambo-style.  He walked over to the road sign, which was one of these, and began yanking on it.  Not "yanking"  himself on it, but yanking on the sign. The sign was crooked, so this guy was straightening it out, I guess.  I suppose that was his job for the day, go out and straighten road signs to make the city a nicer place to be.

It was awesome because of his attire.  It was hot out that day, so these clothes were a necessity, I suppose.  He needs to stay cool, while also looking cool straightening road signs.  It was just the way he parked it, jumped out with his headband/bandanna, strutted over and straightened that bitch into place.  He was well aware of all the traffic around, so he had to know he was being watched by the people stuck at the red lights. He had to look like he was tough, like he could bend that fucker in half if he really needed to, if that's what the job entailed.  He did straighten the sign out, filled in the hole that was left behind with his badass boot or shoe, strutted back across the road and carried on to the next crooked, Nashville road sign.  Boom.  Done.  Take that, crooked road sign.  Eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment