Monday, July 11, 2011

Bloggerated.com?

So here's what I'm wrestling with right now.  I don't really like the fact that my blogs domain name is my real name.  Granted, I also have nothing to hide, but it's just sort of unremarkable.  I go back to this subject every so often, the question of weather I want to market myself or not.  Who the hell am I?

I want my blog to show up when people search for subject that I have written about.  I also want more readers. But I can't control that.  My only hope is that it would spread to the people I know and love and then out beyond that, to people I don't know.

Anyway, Bloggerated.com is available, but if I actually plop down the ten bucks to have it, that really puts the pressure on me to actually update this more often.  What should I do?

I'm leaning towards doing it, even though I know it does not matter what the actual domain name is.  I just think it'd be neat to have my own domain name.  Is it worth $10 to feel neat?  Maybe?  So, I'm mulling it.  Who knows.  I'll probably do it in the next few weeks, I suppose.  I enjoy doing this, so why not make a little bit "more professional?"

No comments:

Post a Comment