Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Growin' It Out

This is what I used to look like
Now that I have officially changed my permanent shift to midnights, I will very rarely, if ever, see my supervisor anymore.  I will maybe see my account manager once a month, perhaps less than that even.  It depends on if he drops in on me to see how I'm doing.  He does that every time and again, so I have to be prepared to look busy if he drops by.  He's done it before. Well anyway, the only reason I was keeping my hair at the short length it's at was due to the job's policy on such things.  Well, if I have no boss to tell me to cut my hair, so perhaps I'll bend the policy a bit, no?  I think so.  I like me better with longer hair.  I think it covers up for some of my other serious aesthetic flaws I believe we all feel about ourselves.  Maybe it doesn't?  But it makes me more comfortable in my own skin, so it's what I choose to pursue, damn it.

Another thing I noticed about being on Midnights, I try to write interesting posts, and just fail miserably.  I can't think straight at three in the fucking morning.  It's the weirdest feeling, man.  I have even less focus than I usually do, and I didn't think that was possible.  So if some of those (these) weekend posts seem a bit jumbled, that's why.  Thanks for sticking around.  I'll try to come up with something more interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment