Saturday, July 16, 2011

What Does Your Favorite Color Say About You?

I believe a persons favorite color says a lot about who that person is, what they tend to think about, and what kind of person they view themselves in the fabric of society.

For instance, as you may notice by visiting this blog that my favorite color is orange.  I don't know why, but I like orange.  If there is an orange option for stuff, I choose the orange.  And I'm only talking about real colors here, like the main six.  None of these made-up colors Crayola came up with, like Razzmatazz or whatever.  Also, United Nations Blue is an actual color.  I'm talking about Blue, Yellow, Red, Green, Orange and Purple.  Okay, pink, too.  No one's favorite color is black or white, so those are out, too.  Also, technically black isn't a color, it's a shade...Oh I'm not getting into it, goddamnit.

My favorite color is orange, as I stated above.  I believe people like me choose to like orange because it's different.  It's the underdog of favorite colors.  No one picks orange unless you want to pick the unique color. That's me.  I love the underdog.  I will watch a Pirates v Nationals game before watching any Yankees v Red Sox game.  That sort of thing.  I believe everyone who likes orange falls into this category, just like me.

What about Red?  Red is often associated with anger and charging bulls.  Red is nice, it was probably my favorite color when I was 8, if I remember correctly.  But I believe that people that like red are the sort of mainstay types, people who wouldn't ever change the color they prefer, but also know that what they like is bold.  In a world of black and white and tan and beige and silver cars, the red car is still very popular color.  It just pops out against the other cars around it.  It's bold, but not too bold.  Red is sort of sexy, in that red dress sort of way.  Red is blood, so there's the violence aspect in there.  It's beautiful and powerful.

What if you like Yellow?  I think that sort of falls into the same category of orange.  Not many people say that yellow is their favorite color, but I'm sure there are a few out there.  It's an underdog color as well, but it's a bit more mainstream due to it being a primary color.  Every time I think of yellow, I just think of how it doesn't show up well against white because they're both so light shaded.  No one used yellow to color with as kids because you couldn't see it on the white paper.  Yellow is the left out, yet very important piece of the color spectrum, just like the people who's favorite is yellow.

Blue is everyone favorite color.  If you like blue, you drive a Toyota, eat boneless skinless chicken breast for dinner and go to bed early.  You drink Folgers.  You're favorite band is whatever is on the radio.  You're favorite movie is Pirates of the Caribbean.     You fucking _love_ time clocks.

Green is for envy, or so they say.  M&M's have made a decent marketing campaign around the green ones being like an afrodisiac.  Green is everywhere, and you don't every really notice how often it is used.  It's also been used as a verb to say something doesn't cause pollutants.  It's a quick way to say "environmentally friendly."  If you like green, you like love and stuff.  Green is for the people who would normally like yellow if you could have painted with it on white paper. You couldn't, so you used green instead.

Purple is for girls.  I don't know.  Grape Kook-Aid. Um, yeah I don't know what to say about purple.  Nothing rhymes with it.  I don't know, purple looks cool with other colors, so maybe if you like purple, you like the company of others?  Let's go with that.

Pink is for girls and douchey guys who think it's manly to wear pink, like it's fucking 2006 over here.  We got it back then, dude.  Pink is stylish and hip and new and fresh.  Now it's played out.  If you wear a pink shirt, you're obviously just saying to everyone "Look, I can wear pink!  I know it's not totally stupid looking on me because I don't care if pink is associated with girls.  I can rock a pink shirt."  No dude, you can't.  You are an obvious toolbag.  Take off that stupid shirt.  You are a douche.  Believe me, I'm not one to use a color as a  gender stereotype, but when a dude wears a pink shirt, he's making a statement.  I could wear a pink shirt because I know I like to have sex with girls, therefore I know I'm not a cross dresser wearing a pink shirt.  I could do that, but I don't have to.  Why bother making that statement.  You look like an idiot who was dressed by your girlfriend.  I could wear that, but I won't.  Never did.  You are not stylish, you are a douchebag.


So that's it, right?  Is it over?

2 comments:

  1. "Blue is everyone favorite color. If you like blue, you drive a Toyota, eat boneless skinless chicken breast for dinner and go to bed early. You drink Folgers. You're favorite band is whatever is on the radio. You're favorite movie is Pirates of the Caribbean. You fucking _love_ time clocks." - That is the best paragraph you have ever written. As I read it - deep down inside since everyone else in the house is sleeping - I was screaming YES! YES! YES! and it plastered a big smile on my face. Outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you. I was particularly proud of it myself.

    ReplyDelete