Monday, July 25, 2011

Spotify is Here

Well, Spotify is here in the good ol' USofA and this is a good thing for music listeners.  I think it's good for artists too, because they get paid for me listening, or so I'm told.  My biggest thought upon signing up and getting into Spotify is how is this all that revolutionary?  I guess it's revolutionary because it's a way to listen to a shit-ton of songs for free.  You can currenly do that on Grooveshark, my former choice of music streaming on the internet.  The only problem I have with Grooveshark is that it's all disorganized and I can't stand that.  Finding complete albums is a real challenge.  Spotify has all the songs and information available right there.  There's even a "related artists" thing that helps you remember the bands you have been meaning to listen to but haven't gotten around to it.  There is a paid version as well that allows you to avoid listening to the little ads they throw in there, which are not that annoying at this point to warrent me to be tempted to pay for this service.  The only reason I would pay for this is that's the only way to get the music to stream to my iPhone.  Do I really need that at this point for $10 a month?  No, I don't.  This is another reason I questioned it's revolutionaryness, because you could already do that with Rhapsody anyway.  Rhapsody doesn't have a free, ad-supported version, as far as I know, so that's the difference.

I'll be listening to Spotify because I can listen and feel good knowing the artist is getting paid.  That's important to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment