Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Shameless Plea



Do you see that up there?  Right at the top of this post, right above what you're reading right now?  That's my feeble attempt at begging.  Yes, why not beg?  You see, just because none of you have ever tried it, as neither have I tried it before just a few days ago, doesn't mean it's not going to work and it doesn't make it wrong. What it makes me is shameless.  I know that all of you readers desperately want to support the blog without having to buy all that stupid merchandise I am selling on my side bar.  Who really want's any of that anyway.  But what you really want to do is support me and the things I say and whatnot.

This is a donate button.  Yes, you give me money, I give you my presence, both physically and on this here blog.  The less donations, the less content, got that?

Here's why that button exists.  On Sunday night, I was just hanging out by myself here at the apartment, and I got to thinking about just how expensive it might be to fly home for Christmas.  You see, the family has plans to go to the great northern Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our place we call home, for the holiday season.  At one time, the tickets were actually moderately priced.  Damn near cheap, actually.  We failed to lock up tickets at that time, and as the date has grown closer, the cost of a couple round trip plane tickets have skyrocketed.  Now, it's not that we we're necessarily paying for these tickets out of our pockets anyway, as some of you may be thinking.  Parents were planning on giving a gift of flying home for Christmas as a Christmas gift itself. But as the cost is so high, I thought it would be a good idea to chip in ourselves, and this is where you all come in, and donate.

 I always feel that if I ever announce that I'm doing something, like going to a hockey game next week, then beg for you to give me money to fly home, it all seems a bit like I'm doing something wrong.  I know, it really doesn't look good on my part.  But the truth is, no discounted hockey ticket will make a dent in the cost of these plane tickets.  I also seriously doubt that begging for donations is going to help either.  But do you know just how much effort went into creating that PayPal donate button up there?  Next to none.  So I can ask, it doesn't mean I expect anything.

However, if you want more quality posts, unlike this one, you better start donating, jack.  I mean it.  That's the only way I can afford to do research for the posts I write, or something.

So that's the fact.  I want you to donate money to me and my family so my little girl can meet her family then donate if you have the heart.  If you don't donate, you don't have one.     

1 comment: