Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Trip pt.2

Let me drop by and say that everything is great.  We left Nashville at around 11 central last night and arrived in Lansing at about 8 eastern.  So we did the supposed 9 hour drive in 8.  Pretty good if you ask me.  It was totally uncharted waters, and we pulled it off without a hitch.

Baby fell asleep right away after we left the house and slept for just about the whole time, except for when she got hungry.

There was definitely a moment in Indiana, somewhere in the middle of it, where I lost interest in watching the road.  I was just sort of bored with the whole thing.  I know I shouldn't admit to such things with such precious cargo in tow, but I was just over with the whole paying attention to the road thing.  I started to fist pump to keep the blood flowing and keep me awake, which surprisingly worked very well.  Also, there was a convenient free preview of Sirius satellite radio going on right now, so I had a very wide assortment of tunes to choose from, which made the drive very, very tolerable 

Overall, it was a very easy drive.  Even though it was in the dark, I never missed seeing scenery.  It was just a little boring, but not the worst drive of my life, by any means.

So now we're here in Lansing, hanging out with our good friends and comparing babies.  Theirs is a bit older, but they're still cute little babies.
Here's Evie eating a bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment