Sunday, April 25, 2010

Avoiding Overload

**********Heads up! This blog was written on Saturday, April 24th, and I'm going to talk about the events that are going to occur later today, but I didn't want to double-post on Saturday because the previous blog was really long!!! So I am going to write my Saturday morning blog now, and have it posted on Sunday Morning, even though when you read this, it will have already happened.********

Today is a cool day, sorta. Cool because things are happening around Smashville today. This morning is the Country Music Marathon, which until yesterday, I thought was called the Music City Marathon, which sounds better to me, but no, this is the Country Music Marathon. Well, the thing goes all over downtown, which is my current, and usual location here in Nashville. I am at work, as you may know, and the route of the Marathon goes right behind and next to my work building. Additionally, they have blocked off major roads around town, causing traffic to suck, apparently, for all Saturday morning commuters. I was looking at the TDOT cameras they have around on the interstates and it shows cars backed up all over the place. It didn't affect me at all because I live 3 minutes from where I work. Win!

Anyway, some of my fellow Officers here at my place of work have volunteered to work the alternate entrance of the building today, because they expected the regular employee entrance to be unusable. Not sure this is the case, but nonetheless, it's still awesome because no one is bothering me over here this morning. They also hinted that I would be expected to help out with their duties at the other entrance. Sorry motherfucks, you volunteered to be here on your day off, not me. So I'm gonna just stay right here, blogging, and listening to music.

So that's all, I guess. That's what's going on in Nashville on a Saturday. Thanks for reading what happened yesterday...


No comments:

Post a Comment