Saturday, April 3, 2010

Who Will Stop The Rain?

First off, it's raining out this morning. One of my favorite phrases ever usually happens when it rains in the spring, summer and even in the fall. I love it when people say "Well, we needed the rain." What are you a farmer? I personally never need rain. When it's raining, that just means I'm not going outside. I don't like to get wet, specifically getting wet from cold rain. It's so shocking to the system to step into cold rain. I'd rather not do that. But I can understand why some people feel like we need the rain. If they have a flower bed that they are trying to grow or something, It's much easier for the rain to add moisture to the flowerbed than it is for you to actually pour some on there yourself. No one wants to do that sort of thing. Also if you grow your own tomatoes or herbs or whatever, you would rather have the rain do the watering because, let's face it, it's free. If you are a farmer, good for you. Let it rain. Rain also makes grass greener, which I like to look at. It makes the trees grow some leaves in the spring, which I like to look at and also, seek shelter from the sun or ironically, rain. However, I know never to get shelter from a tree during a thunderstorm, because it can fucking kill you...or so they say.

No, I think when you weigh the pros and cons of rain, I think it sucks. Fuck rain, man. It's so cold and gloomy and wet. I can't do stuff outside comfortably in the rain. It leaves water spots on my new car, and I don't like that. My dog won't go bathroom in the rain because he's a princess, so I feel bad for him. Also, rain floods Rhode Island, and everyone loves Rhode Island, so that's another reason to hate rain.

On a side note, I had mentioned my displeasure in myself that my posts are getting shorter lately. Then I remembered my commitment to keep them a bit brief so that people might actually read them. A stack of blogs that, quite frankly, aren't that interesting is hard enough to read, let alone ones that are 9 pages long. So look forward to blogs that try to get to the point, though I really enjoy writing the lengthy ones once in a while. Thank you for reading, it truly means a lot to me.

2 comments:

  1. No, I am not a farmer, and yes, I still need the rain because I can't take out my kayak if there is no water in the lakes, rivers, drainage canals, etc. So yes, yes I do need the rain. No, I do not think rain is cold and gloomy all the time. Have you ever run barefoot through puddles in the summer as the last drops of a summer thunderstorm fall? Priceless. The smell after a rain comes through? Even Tide can't figure out how to get that smell into a bottle. Plus, baseball rain delay is the only time I get to see reruns of Three's Company anymore. So bring on the rain, I am all about it, because I need it man. I need it. Everyone needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you're point. I'm just a sunshine kind of guy. A beach and sun and that sort of thing. I belong in California. I do love kayaking though and I wish I would have done more of that in the UP.

    ReplyDelete