Saturday, April 24, 2010

Going on Vacation In Cleveland

I can really tell I'm excited to write a blog this morning. First thing I thought of when rolling out of bed is what I would want to write about today. Taking a shower, I thought of topics I could cover. Eating breakfast, same thing. So one would think that I got a bunch of great ideas to go on about this morning. The fact is, I didn't come up with anything really solid. I figured once I got to the keyboard I would know what I wanted and it would spew forth. This is not the case. Well, not entirely.

First thing I want to point out is that the work computer was down all week, which made me not only miss reading Big Dave and Company all week, but I also took an unintentional vacation from blogging as well. There were some significant events of the weeks past that I would like to cover now, even though it's too late for them to be relevant. I remember the thoughts I had during the week, in order to write about them right here, but I didn't have the time, or the means to do so. Thankfully, I have a photographic memory. These words will ultimately come back to bite me in the ass, I'm sure.

First off, Ben Roethlisberger is a fucking idiot. Also, he makes bad decisions. I honestly don't know, nor did I care to find out what all the allegations that were levied against him are, but I just know he's an idiot. Riding a motorcycle without a helmet is exhibit A. Exhibit B would have something to do with being the quarterback of a very popular NFL team and having sex with a lot of different people that you are not in a relationship with. Girls will say you assaulted them when you did not when you are a superstar quarterback, mainly to get rich quick, and it's pretty hard to prove one way or another, but the chances are you will be held responsible. Well, Ben didn't get charged with anything, and I think that probably indicates how much he actually did wrong in this situation, which I'm suspecting is not very much at all, whatever it is he did. Make sense? Well, now that he went off and allegedly had questionable sex with someone in Georgia, he is getting to miss the first 6 games of the regular season, without conviction, and probably dooming the Steelers to a sub-standard season (which I approve of). Keep your Johnson in your pants when you are a superstar. It will ultimately be the best option, no mater what you Johnson is saying back to you at the time. There was also a question of race involved here, where I felt that they had to go hard on Ben (Pun INTENDED) because he would be about the 2nd whitey to be punished with the NFL conduct policy. Pacman Jones had 8 different charges from 8 different incidents against him, and he got 10 more games suspended than Ben did, and all he did is have his name pop up in the news a couple times. Trust me, they had to let him have it.

Next topic is actually related to the above one. The NFL Draft.

The NFL draft happens every year at this time, and while we're all caught up in the NBA and NHL first rounds, the MLB season still young and fresh, we somehow find a way to talk about football. This angers me and pleases me at the same time. This football loving country of ours is so blind to other sports sometimes. But even as I hate on that sort of thing, I found myself mainly watching the draft on TV the past few days. The thing I love about the draft is, save for a few of the really notable college athletes, I have no idea who these young men that are being drafted into the NFL this weekend. I really don't know anything about Taylor Mays, except that he plays Safety for the USC Trojans, until yesterday, when he was drafted by my 49ers. Cool, hope that works out. I was caught up in the drama of the two quarterbacks that were predicted to be drafted in the first round and weren't. Once Colt McCoy got drafted with the 85th pick (or something like that) by Cleveland, I lost all of my interest. (BTW sucks to be you Colt, for going to the Browns. Hope you have more success than others. Though it could have been worse, you could have been drafted by the Lions.)

So those are two of the things I thought about this past week. I thought about a lot more things, but I didn't write them down and now I forgot them. (My ass has just been bitten.)


No comments:

Post a Comment