Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Boost of Energy?

It really works
There are two things constantly on my mind lately.  The Nashville Predators race to the Playoffs and the impending birth of my first born child.  One, you would say, is seriously more important than the other, and that is true in the long run.  But in the immediate, both are equally important to me.  That's all I really have to say on that subject.

I'm not sure if this new gum is actually doing what it says it does or if it's all mental, but I'd have to say that this new Stride "spark" gum does what it's advertised to do.  It claims that it has b6 and b12 vitamins in it which give you a boost of energy when you chew it.  Now, the cynic in me says "fuck you, advertisers," but the dude chewing the gum says "yeah, that totally does that."  You see, I didn't know there was anything special about the gum when I grabbed it off the shelf at the store.  I just wanted some gum, and I always grab whatever is the newest flavor.  I'll try every new flavor of gum once, especially if it's the new flavor.  Typically, I'm enjoy the gum, with a few major exceptions, which I'll discuss in a minute.  But this gum, this one tasted pretty good, I'd say.  I chewed a few pieces, and found the experience pleasurable, I guess.  It wasn't until a few pieces in that I noticed the packaging said it had these vitamins in it that give you the supposed boost of energy.  That's when I realized that while chewing the gum, I had a serious uptick in finger drumming.  I thought, "yeah, that did that!" even though I'm typically not one to buy into that bullshit.  If you want B vitamins, eat a fruit or vegetable, ya sucker.  But no, I didn't just believe I had more energy because the label told me I would.  I noticed I was more alert and stuff.  When I have a lot of pent up energy, I drum my fingers.  This made me do that.  Honestly.  I'd say try it out, but I believe that now that I have pointed this out to you, you will probably say you are experiencing a placebo effect.  I'm not sure how you could test this out, but I found that my unknowingly getting this energy boost if proof enough for me.

Now, as far as buying a new gum that sucked ass, that would also be a flavor that Stride came up with.  It's called Sweet Cinnamon.  Holy fuck was that shit gross.  Now, I like cinnamon gum every now and then, like any typical dude or chick might.  Not my favorite, but I can handle it.  I bought it because it was new, but it just burns you tongue and makes you want to gag and hurl.  So gross.  I ended up giving an almost full pack of gum to someone who said they wanted it, and I was glad to get rid of it.  Totally gross.  Don't buy that, just trust me on this.

So yeah, gum is good.  Most of the time, if you see me with gum, it's probably the newest flavor available.  But if I can keep on finding this Spark kind, I'll keep chewing this for as long as I can stand the flavor.  Because it works, damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment