Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Watched A Movie

I tell you what, I really enjoyed the movie The Social Network.  Not because I thought it was groundbreaking or innovative in film making or anything.  I didn't think the actors were exceptionally amazing, even though they were quite good.  No, it was more of a feeling of, the events of this movie happened just a couple years ago.  Do I believe that Mark Zuckerberg acts that way or talks that way?  No, not really.  I believe it was a movie.  But the fact that Facebook was invented in early 2004, that just sort of blows my mind.  I mean, I could know that fact without watching the movie, but when you watch a movie based on a true story, it usually happened in the long, long ago.  Like a World War II movie or a movie about Vietnam.  I don't know why I went straight to war movies, but you get my drift, right?  It just amazes me that something that was invented seven fucking years ago is such a part of everyones lives now.  It's like, a TV, or a refrigerator.  Nearly everyone is affected by Facebook in some way, shape or form.  Keyword: Nearly.  But you know what I mean.  It's like the Telephone then text messages and then Facebook.  Amazing to me.  Facebook is great because we all are connected by it now. It's probably the most convenient way to communicate quickly with acquaintances.

Well, it must have been a really good movie because I keep thinking about it.  That happens when I watch movies I really like.  It sticks with me in my brain.  Like the movie Seven.  Man, that movie is still in my thoughts after all this time.  In fact, the day I finally watched Seven, that was early 2004, right about the time Facebook was invented.  That wasn't that long ago, folks.  It really wasn't.

I don't know, I just have a totally different prospective when I go to Facebook now.  I just think about the movie.  It doesn't cause me to visit the site more or less than before, it just makes me think about the movie.

I liked it a lot.  You probably would too if you watched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment