Saturday, March 26, 2011

Today, I Learn How to Spell "Entrepreneur"

This morning, I had a great idea for a blog post, and now I've spent the past hour racking my brain to figure out what the subject was.  Why don't I write these things down?

No, instead, I'll just move along and talk about something else.  I watched this show on ABC last night called "the Shark Tank."  On the show, they bring in people who have a little business and are trying to get an invester "the sharks" to invest in their company to help it grow.  It's a pretty good concept for a show, because they're not searching for the "next great thing," which expects to find something that is nothing and turn it into something bigger.  This show takes a good idea, and the "sharks" invests their own hard-earned money in it.  If it's not good, they'll take a pass on it, but if it's a good idea, they invest, while taking a steak in the company in some way, shape or form. Great idea, as this sort of thing happens all the time anyway, just not always on TV.  People have great ideas for businesses and they pitch the idea to people with a lot of money, and when the idea or company takes off, the investor makes more money on top of their already massive pile of ching.  It's a reality show, and I'm not all that crazy about reality shows in general, but this show kind of grabbed me in a way I didn't expect.

You see, with the sellers market I've been in, I want to find a non-traditional way to make my millions, because at this point, I have too.  Working for this security company is not supposed to be permanent.  I want to be an entrepreneur, but I need that golden plan.  I need that Facebook.  I need that Napster.  I need that eBay.  I need that Twitter.

I mean, not that I'm going to get into the tech department, but you get the idea, right? I need to come up with that idea that will make me a million.  I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and I think if I work hard enough at it, I could do anything.  It's all about what you put in, that's what you'll get out of it.

Also, on related but altogether side note, I had created some products to sell on the site Zazzle.  Someone bought one of the orders I had made, but soon after that, some of my products got pulled from the site because of "copyright infringement."  Total bullshit.  So I thought I was about to cash in with my clever "iPad mouse pad" which looked like an iPad, but it was just a mouse pad, but now, I'm not.  Makes me sad.  But you know, I was totally ripping off Apple computers inc.  Haha, well, it was worth a shot, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment