Monday, August 15, 2011

Posts About Babies: Routine

Alright, so we have officially established the ever-important routine!  Yes, things in our home life were put on shuffle a few weeks ago, and there was a bit of an adjusting period that needed to happen, for sure.  I only work on the weekends, and I'm off all week long so I can stay home with baby while Mama is at work, making the real money.  I took a cut in hours, but either way, someone had to watch the baby, and either I take the pay cut or we pay some stranger to watch our precious.  I'd rather be the one in charge. I'm her dad and I should be the one to do it.

The pay cut thing hasn't effected us yet because I haven't received a "new normal" check as of this writing, so I don't even know what to expect once that "new normal" check arrives.  I'll find out on Friday, I think.  I don't remember when I worked overtime and when the pay period started and ended and all that, so I don't know.  Like I said, I'll find out on Friday.

But as I started in the opening line, after all the changes, we have now established routine, which is very essential to keeping a happy baby.  Babies are pretty easy if you listen to experts.  Just make sure she eats, plays then naps.  Some naps are long and deep and awesome for dad.  Some are short, and I have to walk on eggshells (not literally, that's gross) to make sure she doesn't wake up.  But when she gets her good nap in, oh man talk about happy baby.  Nothing in the entire world beats a happy baby.  So anything I can do to make a happy baby happen, I will do it.  She likes to be held in front of the big mirror we have in her nursery, and we ask her different questions that she physically can't answer yet, because she is a baby.  But she smiles and giggles, and I don't care what anyone says, that's the best thing in the entire world.  I live for the baby giggle.

So Monday through Friday I am a stay at home dad and on the weekends I would categorize myself as "unavailable."  My weekends from about 6 p.m. on Friday until 2 p.m. on Sunday I am sleep/work/sleep/work/tired. Then it's put baby to sleep, wake up, feed her, bring mama to work, feed her some more.  Nap.  Feed.  Nap.  Oh and diaper changes in between all of it.  I can do this easy.   I'm just glad I can find time to write here, too.  That's why baby naps are so awesome.  Also, when she naps I get to play NHL 11.  This is important above most other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment