Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday, Just Like Wednesday

Sometimes I feel guilty having my daughter take naps all day.  I mean, who want's to sleep the entire day away, anyway?  But she needs naps to function and be happy.  I just feel strange after she slept all night, then put her down for a nap like, 2-3 hours later.  Well, whatever makes her happy, I suppose.

We drove by a house that is for rent yesterday, because our lease is up at the end of October in our current apartment.  If we were going to move, now is the time to start looking.  We are not in position to buy the house of our dreams at this time, but if we could rent a house for cheaper than what we're currently paying in rent in this tiny apartment, than we should look around and see what's available.  Our time is a bit short, but we didn't want to look for apartments or houses way before our current lease was up. The thought of moving hadn't even crossed my mind, and the thought of it makes me feel all weird inside.  What if we lived in a completely different part of the city?  Would that totally change my perspective of this wonderful place?

Speaking of apartments, I tried something last night.  You see, when it's getting late, my lovely wife goes to bed and I stay awake and play hockey on the PS3.  Every night, she sets the thermostat to 73 when she goes to bed, and this makes the house very frigid.  I usually have to put on warm pants and a hooded sweatshirt while she sleeps so I don't freeze my balls off.  Last night, I turned down the thermostat, but I only put it to 74.  It still got very cold in here, but I couldn't tell the difference.  When we woke up this morning, my lovely wife asked "Did you turn the thermostat all the way down?  It's hot in here."  "Yes I did." I responded, amazed that she could tell the difference, which was one degree.  Can't put anything past this one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment