Wednesday, September 28, 2011

5 Months Old for Baby Evie

Today is little baby Evelyn's 5-month anniversary of being born.  It's not really a birthday, so I can't really use that term.  But nonetheless, five whole months have passed since she entered the world.  I'd say it doesn't seem like it, but it totally does.  It feels like she's been here for ages, actually.  I spend so much time with her, it feels like she's sort of always been here.  I still don't remember what my life's mindset was before she was here.  

Well, I sort of do, I mean there are things I wish I could still do, like sit around and play video games all day long.  I can still play a bit, but not as much.  It's more of "when I can fit it in."  That's okay, as I've probably said before, she is a wonderful thing.

Anyway tonight we are taking her to her very first live sporting event!  Yes we got free tickets to a Nashville Predators game tonight.  We had free tickets to a preseason game last year but when we went to cash them in the game was sold out.  Anyway, we went and got the tickets in advance this time, so we're definitely going to be there.

Another thing happening today, carried over form yesterday, is the fact that I cannot get full of food.  It's not that I'm not eating enough food, it's just like, I am still starved after eating entirely too much food.  I ate two pieces of toast, a big pile of hash browns, two eggs, and when that wasn't enough I heated up a good portion of spaghetti noodles and some sauce and ate all that along with some old, gross garlic bread.  After downing that, I said to myself, "that should hold me over for a long time."  NOPE.  Hungry.  Right now.  I could eat all that again.  Not sure what all this means, but it's really weird.  Yesterday, after eating, I was still hungry so I took a shower to take my mind off the hunger pains.  Maybe I have a tape worm?  Maybe I'm burning a lot of calories in my sleep so I need more food like an athlete?  Maybe...I have no idea?  Maybe I'm just a fat kid?

So that's the update from around these parts.  Happy 5 month anniversary of my daughters birth.  She is fantastic and a great sleeper.  I think I'm gonna go find something to eat.  Dead serious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment